What proof of residence document can I send?
- A utility bill, such as water, electricity or rates (less than 3 months) We may accept a utility bill that is addressed to a post box number if it shows your name, erf/stand number, township and suburb
- A bank statement or financial statement from another financial institution (less than 3 months old)
- A copy of a signed lease agreement (by both parties), (less than 1 year old)
- A municipal rates and taxes invoice (less than 3 months old)
- A mortgage statement from a financial institution, (less than 6 months old)
- A telephone account, ie. a landline or cellphone account (less than 3 months old)
- An official tax return/tax assessment (less than 1 year old)
- Official correspondence from the South African Revenue Services ("SARS") (less than 3 months old)
- A recent life insurance policy issued by an insurance company
- Correspondence from a body corporate or share block association (less than 3 months old)
- A valid television license document
- A recent short term insurance policy document or a short term insurance renewal letter (less than 1 year old)
- A retail account statement/invoice (less than 3 months old)
- An IRP5 certificate
- A letter from a tribal chief where the person lives (only for customers who have a net income of R5000 or less per month).
If you do not have any documentation in your name as you live with someone else, please upload a sworn affidavit stamped from the Commissioner of Oaths from the owner of the residence confirming that you reside with them along with the owners utility bill and I.D.