Sometimes your Google Authenticator application time does not sync correctly.
You can troubleshoot your authenticator application by following these steps:
- Open the settings on your Apple device.
- Type in "date and time" on the search bar.
- Select the "date and time" option.
- Make sure that the time is set to "Set Automatically" and that the correct time zone is selected.
Tips and tricks when your 2FA is not working
- If you have synced your Google authenticator time and it is still not working try to close and reopen the application, alternatively uninstall and reinstall the Google authenticator application (only do this if you have written down or saved your secret pin from when you installed your 2FA).